Area Sales Manager
Ainscough Crane Hire
Based in Beckton, East London
Ainscough Crane Hire are currently recruiting for an experienced Area Sales Manager based in Beckton, East London to cover the South East region.
About Ainscough Crane Hire
Ainscough Crane Hire is the market leader for lifting solutions and services to the infrastructure, construction, power generation and industrial markets. The company was founded in Wigan in 1976, and now operates nationally from 30 depots. Our offering is unique: with the most experienced team in the industry operating the country’s largest fleet of cranes, and capacity of up to 1000 tonnes across our specialist teams, safety is at the heart of everything we do. Our knowledge and experience allows us to bring innovative lifting solutions to our customers’ problems.
How are we different?
The Role of an Area Sales Manager
- At Ainscough, our motto is ‘Make The Safe Choice’; this applies to everything we do.
- Health & Safety - We have numerous accreditations & awards for outstanding QHSE, including ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
- Reliability - Stringent fleet maintenance schedules to increase availability & reliability
- Availability - We have one of the largest heavy haulage fleets in the UK, with 400+ cranes across 30 locations
- Experience - Expertise on all aspects of a lift; from the initial consultation stage through to execution
At Ainscough Crane Hire, the role of an Area Sales Manager involves:
Who are we looking for?
- To develop and maintain the relationships with portfolio customers, cover major projects and support the local depot with SPOT revenue opportunities to grow revenue profitably.
- To develop, maintain and increase revenue for the territory to achieve and exceed on budgets.
- To develop a new business pipeline, recording all activity and opportunities on Salesforce CRM.
- Maintain relationships with the full high, deep and wide structure of key decision makers on each account. Ensure Ainscough resources are matched to relevant KDM’s.
- To research key business sectors, use facts, figures and tools to present plans, and forecast future goals and targets.
- To deal effectively with sales leads from across the business.
- To ensure that the targeted number of appointments and meetings is met or exceeded in line with targeted KPI objectives.
- To be responsible for achieving predetermined monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets in line with specific pricing guidelines.
- To negotiate contracts and framework agreements with new clients within agreed parameters.
- Undertake other duties that management may reasonably request.
- To provide regular updates and forecasts on pipeline, projects and frameworks to the Regional Sales Manager.
We’re on the lookout for experienced sales professionals who have strong negotiation and relationship skills. The ability to deliver value-added presentations to clients, understanding clients’ needs and resolving issues is essential. You will need to have the ability to collate and analyse data, therefore strong PC literacy is key. In addition, you will need to have the ability to work under pressure, be self-motivated, committed to meeting deadline (self-imposed and external) and to manage multiple requirements and demands effectively.
An understanding of crane hire and the market is helpful but not essential. A technical sales background is preferred.
A full list of benefits (and there’s a lot!) can be found on our website:
Some of our main benefits include:
- A strong approach to employee safety
- Access to the company Perk Box benefits scheme including free mobile phone insurance, discounts and a free coffee every month
- Pension scheme (after 3 months)
- Death in service and accident lump sum benefit
- Company sick pay
- And many more!