Location: East London (Beckton)
Mobile Crane Operator
Ainscough Crane Hire
Ainscough Crane Hire are currently recruiting for an experienced Mobile Crane Operator to work out of our Beckton, East London depot.
About Ainscough Crane Hire
Ainscough Crane Hire is the market leader for lifting solutions and services to the infrastructure, construction, power generation and industrial markets. The company was founded in Wigan in 1976, and now operates nationally from 30 depots. Our offering is unique: with the most experienced team in the industry operating the country’s largest fleet of cranes, and capacity of up to 1000 tonnes across our specialist teams, safety is at the heart of everything we do. Our knowledge and experience allows us to bring innovative lifting solutions to our customers’ problems.
How are we different?
- At Ainscough, our motto is ‘Make The Safe Choice’; this applies to everything we do.
- Health & Safety - We have numerous accreditations & awards for outstanding QHSE, including ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
- Reliability - Stringent fleet maintenance schedules to increase availability & reliability
- Availability - We have one of the largest heavy haulage fleets in the UK, with 400+ cranes across 30 locations
- Experience - Expertise on all aspects of a lift; from the initial consultation stage through to execution
The Role of a Mobile Crane Operator
At Ainscough Crane Hire, the role of a Mobile Crane Operator involves:
- Work to manufacturer’s instructions at all times
- Adhere to road traffic regulations
- Ensure PPE is worn at all appropriate times
- Conversant with the correct use of out riggers and aware of the Health & Safety implications
- Set and check the functioning of the rated capacity limiter and rated capacity indicator
- Perform the correct use of manual handling i.e. Outrigger Pans
- Liaise with Site Manager/Project Manager upon arrival on site
- Be able to resist pressures from other persons to carry out unsafe operations
- Able to assimilate and apply information contained in reports and duty charts relating to the range of duties and safe use of the crane
- Be aware of the effects of the wind and other climatic effects on the crane and load
- Able to take the action to avoid dangerous situations, including stopping operations
- Operate fire suppressant equipment, if fitted
- Access and depart the crane by safe use of ladders and grab rails
- Carry out training on specific models of crane, become familiar with rigging and maintenance procedures and conversant with all crane documentation
- Continually seek to improve the way in which the role operates within the business to achieve its objectives
- Undertake other duties that management may reasonably request
Who are we looking for?
We’re on the lookout for CPCS card holders with authorisation for a mobile crane who also hold a valid LGV C Licence. Our values are about delivering great customer care in addition to working safely. You will be a natural problem solver and able to work effectively in a team. Due to our equipment, there is a maximum weight capacity of 134kg (21 stone).
A full list of benefits (and there’s a lot!) can be found on our website:
Some of our main benefits include:
- A strong approach to employee safety
- Access to the company Perk Box benefits scheme including free mobile phone insurance, discounts and a free coffee every month
- Pension scheme (after 3 months)
- Death in service and accident lump sum benefit
- Company sick pay
- And many more!