This 8-day course will provide delegates with the necessary skills, knowledge, and training for the role of the mobile crane operator as part of the overall lifting operations team. It is for those who are required to operate mobile cranes for the movement of loads.
An All-Terrain mobile crane is used for training and testing purposes. The basic principles of this mobile crane course will support further training with your employer for other crane makes and models with their own fleet. A certificate of specific crane training will be issued in addition to the red CPCS card if the delegate is successful in passing the technical test.
This course comprises 7 consecutive days of training followed by a 1-day CPCS theory and practical test. Successful delegates will receive a red CPCS Trained Operator Card which is valid for 2 years. CPCS red cardholders must complete the relevant NVQ to convert their red Trained Operator card to a full 5-year blue Competent Operator card.
• Legislation, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoP)
• British Standard Codes of Practice ‐ BS7121 Safe Use of Cranes
• Understanding safe systems of work for lifting operations including risk assessments and method statements
• Duties and responsibilities of the Mobile Crane Operator
• Roles and responsibilities of other lift team personnel – Appointed Person, Lift Supervisor, and Slinger/Signaller
• Crane types, capabilities, and limitations
• Rated Capacity Indicators and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
• Mobile crane duty charts
• Documentation and certification for mobile cranes
• Routine maintenance, daily and weekly checks
• Rigging and de-rigging cranes
• Methods of communication
• Crane terminology
• Proximity hazards
• Lifting, transferring and positioning loads
• End test – theory (audio-recorded test)
• End test – practical (external area practical test siting the crane, rigging, lift/transfer/position loads, derig and position crane)
Courses delegates must have undertaken and passed the Health, Safety & Environment Test for Operatives within 2 years prior to attending this course. Please visit https://bit.ly/citb-test for more information.
This course is aimed at those delegates with little or no prior knowledge and experience of cranes and lifting operations. This course can be shorter or longer based on the delegate’s individual needs. Please contact us for further advice and guidance if needed.
This is an intense course which requires a good level of spoken and written communication skills.
Delegates should have good, corrected eyesight with good hand-eye coordination. The ability to work as part of a team is vital.
"*" indicates required fields