As we kick-start the New Year; we’ve added up the total raised by our teams from the 2017 Christmas Jumper Day. This year we raised an incredible £5370.70! This will be split evenly between our 20 nominated charities.
The event on the 15th December raised the festive sprits throughout the company as the Ainscough teams dug out their favourite green and red knitwear to look the part whilst helping some very serious causes.
Joanna Hughes, head of marketing said: “It’s been another hugely successful year for our jumper wearing teams, and it’s great that we can not only have a good time over the festive period, but also simultaneously give back to our local communities.
There were some brilliant jumpers this year, we had everything from reindeers in Stockport to Christmas puddings in Preston! There’s a constant stream of fundraising going on throughout the year, but it’s great when we can all lend a hand and pull together, especially when the money will be used so well.
Thank you again to everyone who got involved and helped make this such a positive experience.”
The teams nominated their chosen charities and as always the money donated will be split evenly amongst the worthy causes, which this year are:
• Thames Valley Air Ambulance www.tvairambulance.org.uk
• Deeside hospital league of friends
• Manchester dogs home www.dogshome.net
• Marina Dalglish – The Marina Dalglish Foundation www.marinadalglishappeal.org
• Cancer Research – Clatterbridge Hospital – www.cancerresearchuk.org
• Defibrillator purchase for Head Office
• Stephen Carey fund www.thestephencareyfund.co.uk
• Rosemere Cancer Foundation – Preston www.rosemere.org.uk
• Christies Hospital www.christies.org
• Royal Voluntary Service charity www.royalvoluntaryservice.org.uk
• Men matter – Prostate cancer UK – www.prostatecanceruk.org
• The National Autism Society – www.autism.org.uk
• Mind – Depression support and awareness. www.mind.org.uk
• Shooting stars childrens hospice www.shootingstarchase.org.uk
• The Childrens Society www.childrenssociety.org.uk
• The Storehouse Project www.storehouseproject.org
• Blossoms Legacy – Blossoms story: www.blossomslegacy.org
• Wish Upon A Star www.whenyouwishuponastar.org
• Cystic Fibrosis – www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk