This 4-day course will provide delegates with the necessary skills, knowledge, and training for the role of the Lift Supervisor as part of the overall lifting operations team. It is suitable for those with responsibility for supervising lifting operations.
This course focuses primarily on supervising lifting operations using a mobile crane, however, additional short duration modules are available to extend knowledge to cover tower cranes, crawler cranes, excavators used as cranes, etc.
This course comprises 3 consecutive days of training followed by a 1-day CPCS theory and practical test. Successful delegates will receive a red CPCS Trained Operator Card which is valid for 2 years. CPCS red cardholders must complete the relevant NVQ to convert their red Trained Operator card to a full 5-year blue Competent Operator card.
• Legislation, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice (ACoP)
• British Standard Codes of Practice ‐ BS7121 Safe Use of Cranes
• Understanding safe systems of work for lifting operations including risk assessments and method statements
• Duties and responsibilities of the Crane and Lifting Operations Supervisor
• Roles and responsibilities of other lift team personnel – Appointed Person, Crane Operator, Slinger/Signaller
• Crane types including capabilities and limitations
• Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
• Understanding crane stability/ground conditions
• Downrating and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
• Communications and lift plan briefings
• End test – theory (audio recorded test)
• End test – practical (external area practical test supervising a lifting operation)
Courses delegates must have undertaken and passed the Health, Safety & Environment Test for Supervisors within 2 years prior to attending this course. Please visit https://bit.ly/citb-test for more information.
This course is aimed at those delegates with little or no prior knowledge and experience of cranes and lifting operations. Please contact us for further advice and guidance if needed.
This is an intense course which requires a good level of spoken and written communication skills. The ability to work as part of a team is vital.
"*" indicates required fields